You are hereOrder of Australia - Dr Ronald Rosen
Order of Australia - Dr Ronald Rosen
The Society is thrilled with the news that one of their Fellows, Dr Ronald Rosen, has been awarded an Order of Australia medal. The OAM was awarded to Dr Rosen for his service to science, particularly in the field of radiation protection, and professional societies.
A more detailed report on Dr Rosen's achievements will feature in the next edition of the newsletter. Highlights of his career include:
- Founding President, Australasian Radiation Protection Society, 1975-1977; Executive Committee Member; Historian; Fellow; Life Member.
- Vice-President for Congress Affairs, International Radiation Protection Association, 1984-1988;
- Convenor, Seventh International Congress, 1988.
- Member, New South Wales Radiation Advisory Council, 1990-1999.
- Honorary Visiting Fellow, University of New South Wales, 2010; Head, Safety Unit; Foundation Senior Lecturer, School of Safety Science; Foundation Executive Member of other committees on human and animal experimentation; Radiation Protection Officer, 1961.
- Published 40 scientific reports and papers.
- Member, Health Physics Society, 1964-2007.
- Member, Radiation Safety Committee, Prince of Wales/Prince Henry Hospitals.
- Member, New South Wales Hospitals and Universities Radiation Safety Officers Group.
- Former Member, Radiation Safety Committee (AS2243.4), Standards Australia.
- Adviser, Radiation Safety, Ranger Uranium Environmental Inquiry, 1976-1977; Temporary Inspector, Ranger Uranium Mine.
- Visiting Lecturer/Course Director, Asia Pacific Institute of Nuclear Science.
- Former Lecturer, Australian School of Nuclear Science and Technology.
- Foundation President, Botany-Randwick Branch of National Seniors Australia.
- Foundation President, Botany District Band.
Radiation News from Google
Medical and Scientific Services Pty Ltd
255 Marmion St
Cottesloe WA 6011
Contact: Jonathon Thwaites
Tel: 0419 924 355
Radiation Advice & Solutions Pty Ltd
116 Penning Drive, South Maclean Qld 4280
Contact: Mark Sonter
Tel: +61 7 3297 7653
Fax: +61 7 3297 7653
Bartolo Safety Management Service
PO Box 264
Jannali NSW 2226
Contact: William Bartolo
Tel: 02 9528 7676
Fax: 02 9528 7676